Sunday 18 September 2011

The Poem That I Like Most



The Road Not Taken

BY ROBERT FROST



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

POET’S REGIONU.S., New England
POETIC TERMSRhymed Stanza

My Analysis @ Explanation of the Poem
This poem is about a person's life in making their decision. When we are making our decision, we need to be wise. We have to think deeply as mention in stanza 1 line 4 "
And looked down one as far as I could" in making choices and rationalizing our decision. The decision that we make must be the good one because every decision that we make will affect our life either good or bad. Sometimes, it is good that we take the decision that someone take less. Every decision has their advantages and disadvantages, so we can't assume that the decision that people take less is a bad decision. 


The reason why I like this poem
I like this poem because this poem relates to my life and also other people' life. It is important that we the right decision so that we won't regret as mention in stanza 4 line 1 "I shall be telling this with a sigh". Before we make any decision, we need to think the positive and negative point of views because some decision that we make might affect our whole life. For example when we study in university, we need to take the course that we like most. We have like and love the course that we take. Just like in my situation, I love English and love to teach someone, so I had make the right decision came to teacher training institute. This decision will affect my whole life as in the future I'll be a teacher just like I said some decision will affect someone's whole life. Last but not least, take the right decision so that we won't regret. Thank You.


Written by:
Slyvester Atan Ak Ricky
PPISMP 2011 IPGKS MIRI
TESLR2 Sem 1

No comments:

Post a Comment